FREE Convention Houston TEXAS Feb 19th & 20th ///////// FREE Atlantic City March 5th & 6th SEE www.uamccevents.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
  1. #1
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5

    Looking for pictures of Flatbed Trucks, Pickup Trucks and Box Truck rigs

    Hello guys, I am thinking of the next rig being either a flatbed truck or pickup truck with a rig, tanks, reels, etc... because most of the helpers I have had in the past have no experience pulling/backing up a trailer.

    I am thinking that most of my jobs can be done with one rig so with this new rig I will not need to pull a trailer for most of my jobs.

    I know if the truck breaks down then I will still have the trailer that I can pull with my truck that is working so I should not ever be down and not able to work.

    I am looking for pictures of rigs so I can get some different ideas of how some of you have the trucks rigged up for work.

    If you don't feel comfortable posting them here, please email them to me, I would appreciate it.

    Thank You.

  2. #2
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,746
    Hey Chris thats pretty much the way I have myself set-up. My guys take the flatbed and trailer for most residential stuff because between the two I have just about everything they need. If the Flatbed was to break down they can use my pickup truck to tow the trailer. Here's a quick pick of my truck with the trailer attached... Keep in mind a flatbed like mine I could build a ladder rack set-up on it with a large shelf that has to be removable for me because that Flatbed has to get into garages when we clean them and nothing on that truck is close to 7' from the ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    JL Pressure Washing 3000 PLUS POSTER jlpressure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC 29572
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean County PW View Post
    Hey Chris thats pretty much the way I have myself set-up. My guys take the flatbed and trailer for most residential stuff because between the two I have just about everything they need. If the Flatbed was to break down they can use my pickup truck to tow the trailer. Here's a quick pick of my truck with the trailer attached... Keep in mind a flatbed like mine I could build a ladder rack set-up on it with a large shelf that has to be removable for me because that Flatbed has to get into garages when we clean them and nothing on that truck is close to 7' from the ground.
    Sure is perty looking. Noce looking rig

  4. #4
    JL Pressure Washing 3000 PLUS POSTER jlpressure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC 29572
    Posts
    3,922
    I'm putting one together this week. I got a 1996 F 250 with the tool box back and going to set it up with some equipment I got from Lonnie. Going to be a around the town rig and back up. I'll take some pictures when its done

  5. #5
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks John, did you run a fuel line to the truck tank for the burners?

    Would like to see pictures of the truck when it is finished Jeff.

  6. #6
    Member Freshman Undergraduate A-1 Pressure Washing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Port, FL
    Posts
    33
    Blog Entries
    3
    really nice rig! Im still currently working on mine, have a 16ft dual axle. just waiting on my new reels to come in and ill have some pictures up, i would deff like some input on it
    A-1 PRESSURE WASHING & ROOF CLEANING (941)815-8454
    NORTH PORT SARASOTA VENICE ENGLEWOOD LAKEWOOD RANCH SIESTA BRADENTON

    COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL PRESSURE WASHING FLORIDA


  7. #7
    Member Honorary Professor greg/sd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    florida st cloud
    Posts
    1,247
    Blog Entries
    28
    Chris I know you have seen mine but here goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks Greg, I had some on the other computer but it crashed and I will be trying to get all the stuff off the hard drive this week if it is possible.

  9. #9
    Exterior Restoration Specialist 21000 PLUS POSTER Ron Musgraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    42,907
    Blog Entries
    368
    Help Me help you, Size of tank? One Machine? Two? Hotwater ? Cold Water? Both... How many Hose reels? Two or Three ..Any Fuel Tanks,custom????

    Are you putting ladder on? DI systems? HELP!!!!!!!!!

    Heres a huge one, do you have room to mount under deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Hello guys, I am thinking of the next rig being either a flatbed truck or pickup truck with a rig, tanks, reels, etc... because most of the helpers I have had in the past have no experience pulling/backing up a trailer.

    I am thinking that most of my jobs can be done with one rig so with this new rig I will not need to pull a trailer for most of my jobs.

    I know if the truck breaks down then I will still have the trailer that I can pull with my truck that is working so I should not ever be down and not able to work.

    I am looking for pictures of rigs so I can get some different ideas of how some of you have the trucks rigged up for work.

    If you don't feel comfortable posting them here, please email them to me, I would appreciate it.

    Thank You.
    Ron Musgraves

    Free FREE Event July 31st August 1 & 2 Orlando Double tree Sea world www.uamccevents.com



    Phoenix Arizona Sidewalk Cleaning

    1-888-Fleetwash or text me 480-522-5227 Phoenix AZ www.propowerwash.com

    www.nationalcleaningexpo.com

    PWNA Awarded Member, UAMCC Member, National Cleaning Expo Member
    We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Phoenix Arizona as well as provide fantastic
    Pressure Washing services.







  10. #10
    Exterior Restoration Specialist 21000 PLUS POSTER Ron Musgraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    42,907
    Blog Entries
    368
    http://www.propowerwash.com/board/up...3&d=1293592396

    Thats what i mean by under deck...That feature is a huge space saver.


    Greg maxes it OUT http://www.propowerwash.com/board/up...0&d=1307995693
    Ron Musgraves

    Free FREE Event July 31st August 1 & 2 Orlando Double tree Sea world www.uamccevents.com



    Phoenix Arizona Sidewalk Cleaning

    1-888-Fleetwash or text me 480-522-5227 Phoenix AZ www.propowerwash.com

    www.nationalcleaningexpo.com

    PWNA Awarded Member, UAMCC Member, National Cleaning Expo Member
    We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Phoenix Arizona as well as provide fantastic
    Pressure Washing services.







  11. #11
    Professors Honorary Professor apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sheridan, AR
    Posts
    1,467
    Blog Entries
    6


    Chris that is a video I made of the truck we put together last winter. I had the same thought as you in mind about having someone else pull a trailer in the city.

    Now that weve ran it a few months I can safely say that it needs ALOT more room! I got a great deal on this truck and couldnt have passed on it but Id like to eventually switch to a flatbed.

    Ive been giving some thought to building a trailer just big enough for a burner for those times when its needed.

    I had also planned to run the machines off of the truck tank but was advised against it by quite a few people.
    Chris Apple, Arkansas Pro Wash
    The best pressure washing company in Little Rock, Arkansas. For professional sidewalk cleaning and gum removal services:
    Call or Text 501-580-0223

  12. #12
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post
    Help Me help you, Size of tank? One Machine? Two? Hotwater ? Cold Water? Both... How many Hose reels? Two or Three ..Any Fuel Tanks,custom????

    Are you putting ladder on? DI systems? HELP!!!!!!!!!

    Heres a huge one, do you have room to mount under deck?

    I am thinking of a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. I am thinking that I will have to pull the bed off the truck to put a flatbed there.

    I am thinking a hot water skid, hose reels and either the 125 or 225 gallon tank. For fleet washing I will have the Water softener there also with tanks for soap/brightener.

    I would like to have storage under the bed if there is room, I really like Greg's truck but I am sure that I will not find something that good for the money I have.

    I will probably have the marine fuel tank if I add the cold water machine besides the hot water skid.

    I would like to have one of those rectangular taller tanks so it takes up less room on the truck but I do have the regular tanks if I cannot find one of those tanks.

    I would say that 95% of the jobs I do have water there so I will not need to haul water and if I need more supply, I will just add another hose to the house/building so I don't run out.

    I will have the garden hose reel and 2 pressure hose reels and hooks hanging off the headache rack to hold some extra hose for those jobs where I need more hose.

    With one of those skinny tall water tanks I think all this can fit onto the truck.

  13. #13
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks for posting the video Chris.

  14. #14
    Member Associate Professor RGilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Posts
    822
    Blog Entries
    1
    Im gettin ready to do a flatbed at the first of the month. F-250. I have a 325 gallon horizontal leg tank thats going on it and a hot water skid. I've got to get a couple smaller chemical tanks to go on it. Pretty much use it to do smaller fleets. Ill post pics when I get it done!

  15. #15
    BS Detector, Esquire 10,000 PLUS POSTER Tony Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,378
    You know I made this one for filter work Chris. F250, 325 tank, hot unit, cold unit (direct drive), electric reel-480 ft, feed reel 200 ft. all that and still have room for over 200 filters.


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Sonitx 845 S. Kenny Way Las Vegas, NV 89107 702-358-7477 Air Filter Service - Coil Cleaning - 2 month Payback


  16. #16
    JL Pressure Washing 3000 PLUS POSTER jlpressure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC 29572
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Thanks John, did you run a fuel line to the truck tank for the burners?

    Would like to see pictures of the truck when it is finished Jeff.
    Mine is just going to be a little back up set up. I bought the truck as a back up. My tranny went on my 2006 F 250 and I needed something to pull one of the trailers while the Ford tranny got fixed

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shelton View Post
    You know I made this one for filter work Chris. F250, 325 tank, hot unit, cold unit (direct drive), electric reel-480 ft, feed reel 200 ft. all that and still have room for over 200 filters.


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

    That is a nice truck Tony.

    How long is the bed?

    Does the tailgate open down?

    Do you have any tool boxes under the bed?

    Does Chris have any pictures of his truck?]

    Thanks.

  19. #19
    Moderator 11000 PLUS POSTER Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    11,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks for pictures of your truck Chris, those are nice.

  20. #20
    BS Detector, Esquire 10,000 PLUS POSTER Tony Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,378
    9 ft bed. All the sides fold down and come off entirely. I copied it from another truck I saw, drew up the plans and Chris welded it up for me. Underbed tool boxes on both sides.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Sonitx 845 S. Kenny Way Las Vegas, NV 89107 702-358-7477 Air Filter Service - Coil Cleaning - 2 month Payback


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •