Ron & Doug's Sales Camp https://www.pressurecleaningschool.com/events/houston-sales-training-school/
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751

    Henry Bockman/PWNA/new committee that was formed

    I'm curious to see what some of you guys think about the PWNA Article that has come out in the March Issue. I just got my hard copy but I think you can now view it on the net Cleaner Times Magazine and look for the newest issue.

    I think the story is on page 28. One of the cover stories is about Michael Hinderliter which is excellent.

    A quick synapse about the PWNA story is how Henry gave his very creative/interesting and successful "Clean Across America Campaign" to the PWNA for keeps. Henry did credit people for helping him along the way but all of that will come out on another day where so many more will now want to read how Henry came up with his idea and who helped him along the way. His story will grow.

    The PWNA renamed Henry's vision to "Clean Across North America" (Cana) and from there the PWNA board did a surprise move to give me an award named in Linda's honor. Later Linda authorized the marrying if you will Her famous Grandfather Babe Ruth's name to be allowed along with hers to be linked with the PWNA.

    So with all of that I went out to get the strongest staff I can assemble that all have different strengths to possibly get things done. Every committee member I put together I talked to all of them that there will be no old grudges, disagreements or anything negative allowed to be a part of this.. I need there strengths.

    All agreed to do this and all were humbled by it. They also became PWNA members first because if we are to drive something home through and Industry then it has to have some structure to get it done..

    After many deep thoughts on this and because non-profits seem to work better for the powers to be to listen it was determined that it would be impossible to allow other BODS From other groups to be a part of this decision due to different bylaw rules etc.

    Jim Grady for example is a big window Guy (past president) IWCA and is a big supporter of BOMA which is an org I can't afford to join. Talking with Jim he see's my vision. If it works out he has the ability to reach out to the BOMA group and tell them about this award.. So that should help bring guys into this industry to help it get more notice. They also will understand that they will have to be a PWNA member to participate in these yearly volunteering projects.

    I'm at the teetering point of potentially driving something home and whenever I did something it was always thru a structured group so others will listen. It's a dream shot but besides that I would love to hear some thoughts on the article Henry and I just did thru Terri Perrin for the Cleaner Times Magazine.

    Ask me any question you like here or add any thoughts.. I learn alot from what people say and do.. And your opinions on this counts since I'm taking this industry into uncharted waters where so far no one gets hurt because I'm bulletproofing as much as I can with our committee to make no one feels like they lost for trying.

    Appreciate your thoughts.

  • #2
    JL Pressure Washing 3000 PLUS POSTER jlpressure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC 29572
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean County PW View Post
    I'm curious to see what some of you guys think about the PWNA Article that has come out in the March Issue. I just got my hard copy but I think you can now view it on the net Cleaner Times Magazine and look for the newest issue.

    I think the story is on page 28. One of the cover stories is about Michael Hinderliter which is excellent.

    A quick synapse about the PWNA story is how Henry gave his very creative/interesting and successful "Clean Across America Campaign" to the PWNA for keeps. Henry did credit people for helping him along the way but all of that will come out on another day where so many more will now want to read how Henry came up with his idea and who helped him along the way. His story will grow.

    The PWNA renamed Henry's vision to "Clean Across North America" (Cana) and from there the PWNA board did a surprise move to give me an award named in Linda's honor. Later Linda authorized the marrying if you will Her famous Grandfather Babe Ruth's name to be allowed along with hers to be linked with the PWNA.

    So with all of that I went out to get the strongest staff I can assemble that all have different strengths to possibly get things done. Every committee member I put together I talked to all of them that there will be no old grudges, disagreements or anything negative allowed to be a part of this.. I need there strengths.

    All agreed to do this and all were humbled by it. They also became PWNA members first because if we are to drive something home through and Industry then it has to have some structure to get it done..

    After many deep thoughts on this and because non-profits seem to work better for the powers to be to listen it was determined that it would be impossible to allow other BODS From other groups to be a part of this decision due to different bylaw rules etc.

    Jim Grady for example is a big window Guy (past president) IWCA and is a big supporter of BOMA which is an org I can't afford to join. Talking with Jim he see's my vision. If it works out he has the ability to reach out to the BOMA group and tell them about this award.. So that should help bring guys into this industry to help it get more notice. They also will understand that they will have to be a PWNA member to participate in these yearly volunteering projects.

    I'm at the teetering point of potentially driving something home and whenever I did something it was always thru a structured group so others will listen. It's a dream shot but besides that I would love to hear some thoughts on the article Henry and I just did thru Terri Perrin for the Cleaner Times Magazine.

    Ask me any question you like here or add any thoughts.. I learn alot from what people say and do.. And your opinions on this counts since I'm taking this industry into uncharted waters where so far no one gets hurt because I'm bulletproofing as much as I can with our committee to make no one feels like they lost for trying.

    Appreciate your thoughts.
    Go out and wash something

  • #3
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by jlpressure View Post
    Go out and wash something
    Lol.. We are. Just got the price to rent an 86' boom lift for the week.. $3271. Looks like I'll be floating another large nut for a few months.

  • #4
    Member Senior Undergraduate JimFergerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean County PW View Post
    I'm curious to see what some of you guys think about the PWNA Article that has come out in the March Issue. I just got my hard copy but I think you can now view it on the net Cleaner Times Magazine and look for the newest issue.

    I think the story is on page 28. One of the cover stories is about Michael Hinderliter which is excellent.

    A quick synapse about the PWNA story is how Henry gave his very creative/interesting and successful "Clean Across America Campaign" to the PWNA for keeps. Henry did credit people for helping him along the way but all of that will come out on another day where so many more will now want to read how Henry came up with his idea and who helped him along the way. His story will grow.

    The PWNA renamed Henry's vision to "Clean Across North America" (Cana) and from there the PWNA board did a surprise move to give me an award named in Linda's honor. Later Linda authorized the marrying if you will Her famous Grandfather Babe Ruth's name to be allowed along with hers to be linked with the PWNA.

    So with all of that I went out to get the strongest staff I can assemble that all have different strengths to possibly get things done. Every committee member I put together I talked to all of them that there will be no old grudges, disagreements or anything negative allowed to be a part of this.. I need there strengths.

    All agreed to do this and all were humbled by it. They also became PWNA members first because if we are to drive something home through and Industry then it has to have some structure to get it done..

    After many deep thoughts on this and because non-profits seem to work better for the powers to be to listen it was determined that it would be impossible to allow other BODS From other groups to be a part of this decision due to different bylaw rules etc.

    Jim Grady for example is a big window Guy (past president) IWCA and is a big supporter of BOMA which is an org I can't afford to join. Talking with Jim he see's my vision. If it works out he has the ability to reach out to the BOMA group and tell them about this award.. So that should help bring guys into this industry to help it get more notice. They also will understand that they will have to be a PWNA member to participate in these yearly volunteering projects.

    I'm at the teetering point of potentially driving something home and whenever I did something it was always thru a structured group so others will listen. It's a dream shot but besides that I would love to hear some thoughts on the article Henry and I just did thru Terri Perrin for the Cleaner Times Magazine.

    Ask me any question you like here or add any thoughts.. I learn alot from what people say and do.. And your opinions on this counts since I'm taking this industry into uncharted waters where so far no one gets hurt because I'm bulletproofing as much as I can with our committee to make no one feels like they lost for trying.

    Appreciate your thoughts.
    Don't Care.
    Jim Fergerson

    "Specializing In Curb Appeal"

    El Mirage, AZ 85335
    602-358-5463

    Phoenix Arizona Pressure Washing

  • #5
    Assistant Deans 7000 PLUS POSTER Doug Rucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Porter, TX
    Posts
    7,585
    My only hope in this, is that you are not cutting the legs out from some pressure washing contractor that may have a contract or a chance at a contract to clean some of these high visibility monuments, stadiums etc. Many charitable organizations raise funds for operating expenses which include paying to maintain there facilities, pay salaries, bonuses etc.
    Doug Rucker-Call or text 281.883.8470
    http://cleanandgreensolutions.com
    http://cleanandgreensolutions.com/co...ding-cleaning/

    VISIT OUR STORE HERE FOR ALL YOUR PRESSURE WASHING AND SOFT WASHING EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES

  • #6
    Member Professor with Tenure
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    fuquay-varina, nc
    Posts
    1,550
    Sounds like more look at me drama. Why clean something for free. We are in the business to make money.

  • #7
    Exterior Restoration Specialist 21000 PLUS POSTER Ron Musgraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    46,396
    Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    Sounds like more look at me drama. Why clean something for free. We are in the business to make money.
    I clean all sorts of things free, I donate my service to community fictions all the time. I like helping folks, it's not for everyone.

    Cleaning for community awareness is ok also.

    Cleaning for promotion to me is not a national orgs job. But this is just my thoughts, some here have all sorts of opinions. I think all involved in any event should understand what the focus is. If this is about helping the Ruth's get babe noticed then it's ok. If they are going to help children that are homeless on the way that's ok also. I see the opportunity as a great thing for the movement if done correctly. I like the idea much better having others involved this time around. These individuals putting there reputations and names on this will mean a lot. John is not alone, no offense John but the photos of the graves didn't sit well with many. If others had been involved I don't believe that poor judgement of posting photos with national org logo 's with a mans grave would have been included in your last promo.

    John you didn't see the disrespect this was, you where clouded with the moment. This was my reason I declined your offer, I will not take part of a dead mans grave site without his blessings. No matter what his current family says. I'm sorry these are just my feelings.

    If babes name can be used to help humanity I'm all in. If it become another stunt to exploit his famous name to associate individuals even if they are my friends I want nothing to do with it. Baberuth I never knew, he didn't know me. I would never assume he was ok with it.

    The only hero I saw in the baberuth go around was nicks taking the photo to the children's hospital an making some kids smile. This is the stuff that gets me excited. I hope this committee reads this an truly searches there hearts to do some good for our industry.


    Ron Musgraves text me for
    questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com
    Ron Musgraves


    Text Me if you need Help 4805225227

  • #8
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post

    I will not take part of a dead mans grave site without his blessings. No matter what his current family says. I'm sorry these are just my feelings.
    .
    Ron I'm still trying to figure out what your saying here. You won't do anything for a "dead mans" grave site without his blessings No matter what the Current family says..
    So how would you get the Dead mans blessings if he's a dead man??

    Lol.. I know what your saying but it didn't come out right when you typed it.

    I learned a lesson along time ago Ron that no matter what you do when it comes to larger scale stuff you will never please all the people all of the time no matter how good something is.

    You and I have been around a long time so I don't mind giving you some more time to what you posted. Doug's only hope that we don't undercut someone's lively hood doesn't get it and probably never will. A shame to say that considering that Doug is a VP for the UAMCC.

    Ron you and I go pretty far back and yes your right my mind was clouded the day of the Ruth Cleaning. It's tough to get a phone call that my guys were summons for turning on the parkway for one second and then shooting off at the next exit only to be tagged for a nice size summons.

    Kathy took me up there because I just came off my "Other Job" and really was in no condition to drive 2 hrs with no sleep.

    You know a year before, I came across his grave and the groundskeepers said they would clean it. I do not know what I was thinking when I just grabbed all my bb and org stuff.. Didn't know anything except that I was wondering if they ever did clean the mold off of the tombstone which they didn't.

    I was never going to show those pics because of the issue we had with Security and also the potential issue with Babe Ruth's Family.

    I never had the intentions to disrespect anyone which is why I put the PWI,TGS PWNA & the UAMCC logo's next to the grave after we cleaned it. It was all in the moment and I know guys like yourself, me and many other's belief in giving back when we can.

    As luck would have it the Family loved it. They said The Babe would have been pleased. Because of this gesture they wanted to give back to us and it's a big part of the reason why they authorized me to give out those handwritten Pictures from Linda to all those people back then. It was a gift from her. She also wanted to meet these people that believe in giving back which is what led her to come to the PWNA Convention.

    So like I said Ron you just can't please all of the people all of the time. You at first liked all this and then you say I disrespected a dead man. The dead man's family loves it... But you don't. What can I tell ya.. They got the service and there happy.... You on the other hand aren't. Sorry Ron you feel that way and if you ever change your mind I'll send you the PWI plaque but I know you will never take it so I Put it into storage for safekeeping.

    There are some goals within this committee and none of them are what Doug's crazy concerns are. That never crossed anyone's mind.

    The goals are strong ones and remember I always believe the strength are always in the numbers. If you get enough support all kinds of doors can open..
    And this is about helping the Children also. Nick's great idea was to lift the spirits of the kids in that Children Cancer Hospital. Nick nailed that one and for his creativity some kids spirits will be lifted.

    There's a Children's book that came out about the Babe. Kind of like the Curious George book. Linda didn't take any payment for this book. She wanted the writer to do this for the benefit of the Children.

    Linda is a very special person and I wish you would have took the time out to meet her because you would have seen it first hand.

    Maybe tomorrow I'll post what I had made for her in the Dominican Republic where Albert Pujouls, Sammy Sosa, Robinson Cano, Pedro Martinez , all time great Juan Marichell still lives there among many other star ball players.. Oh yea and George Bush Sr. Who I've been in contact with before and maybe again.

    The one thing agreed there when talking to some of the Dominican citizens is this.. Babe Ruth is the greatest.. But what's not known yet is what the Babe did outside of major league Baseball which surpasses what he did while he
    played.. Such as being suspended for 5 weeks in 1920 for playing in his offseason barnstorming with the Negro leagues(the Suspension was over ruled), signing on to denounce the Nazi's when they sold out Madison Square Garden in a rally.. And George Herman Ruth was German. To donate $100,000's of thousands of dollars to support our troops, to visit lepers because no one else would and he was told not to go by a sitting president and he still went to give these forgotten people some hope, to visit many hospitals around the world where kids had diseases and once again no one will visit because of the risk factors involved.. But Ruth went.

    There is alot more going on Ron and if all you saw was a self promotion of a dead man's grave... And you have repeatedly told me others feel the same.. I gave up trying to figure out why you turned on me with this when the family opened up to this Industry..

    My concern is the Ruth Family and this Industry. If the majority wanted me to stop.. I would. But Linda's loves this, the 38 guys that were gifted loved it.. You were the only one who took exception.. So that tells me I must be doing something right.. And with your second in Charge forever knocking me on this or anything else I do I kinda Dig it because like you Ron I don't like to lose and I lost bad once in this Industry.... Doug a VP of the UAMCC which saddens me shows his lack of class.. And it also shows me this time I won't lose because of a negative persons point of view which cost me big the last time around.

    So enjoy the ride Ron if you want or just knock it... Either way until I finish what I started I plan on doing what I do best.... And that is completing the task at hand with or without your support even though your support would be much more appreciated because we cared for a long time compared to these Doug type guys.

  • #9
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    Sounds like more look at me drama. Why clean something for free. We are in the business to make money.
    William you love it...common you know you do dude.
    Something's are worth cleaning for free and the payback is much better then money. We auction off our services For a free house cleaning to this family who lost there loved one in a car accident.
    It's not always about the money.

  • #10
    Member Professor with Tenure
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    fuquay-varina, nc
    Posts
    1,550
    John, this post has been all about look at John. Nothing is worth cleaning for free. Do you think that if someone lost a family member that a free house cleaning will help their grief? I donate and contribute and tithe but that is kept between my family and myself. Not posted all of the internet to make people think better of me. You made the original post and asked for input on the new Washing across the country stuff. I think it is self centered and will hurt other contractrors. You asked for it, you got my opinion. The fact that it was in a magazine such as Cleaner Times or has the PWNA stamp on it should keep most legitimate contractors away.

  • #11
    Member 7000 PLUS POSTER Scott Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Mesa, Az.
    Posts
    7,108
    As someone that typically makes their living getting paid for the jobs that others donate, I have a problem with Clean Across America. I have also seen the damage that can be done by people that are doing something for free, because "it is just washing".

    Just my penny and a half.
    www.gen2genbooks.com
    Scott Stone
    A Mind for Detail Inc.
    Cell 602.509.9741
    Office 480.834.3434
    Www.amindfordetail.com
    scott@amindfordetail.com
    Phoenix, Arizona Parking Garage Cleaning Expert
    Bus Shelter Cleaning, Arizona
    ATSSA certified traffic control technician
    ATSSA certified traffic control supervisor



    http://www.thesaurus.com

  • #12
    Assistant Deans 7000 PLUS POSTER Doug Rucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Porter, TX
    Posts
    7,585
    I made a mistake and thought you really mean't your last paragraph and sentence...wrong again. Guess I'll never learn. Best of luck on your Promo Campaign hope it get's you and the PWNA, (the elite 8) lots of notoriety.
    Doug Rucker-Call or text 281.883.8470
    http://cleanandgreensolutions.com
    http://cleanandgreensolutions.com/co...ding-cleaning/

    VISIT OUR STORE HERE FOR ALL YOUR PRESSURE WASHING AND SOFT WASHING EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES

  • #13
    Exterior Restoration Specialist 21000 PLUS POSTER Ron Musgraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    46,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean County PW View Post
    .
    Ron I'm still trying to figure out what your saying here. You won't do anything for a "dead mans" grave site without his blessings No matter what the Current family says..
    So how would you get the Dead mans blessings if he's a dead man??

    Lol.. I know what your saying but it didn't come out right when you typed it.

    I learned a lesson along time ago Ron that no matter what you do when it comes to larger scale stuff you will never please all the people all of the time no matter how good something is.

    You and I have been around a long time so I don't mind giving you some more time to what you posted. Doug's only hope that we don't undercut someone's lively hood doesn't get it and probably never will. A shame to say that considering that Doug is a VP for the UAMCC.

    Ron you and I go pretty far back and yes your right my mind was clouded the day of the Ruth Cleaning. It's tough to get a phone call that my guys were summons for turning on the parkway for one second and then shooting off at the next exit only to be tagged for a nice size summons.

    Kathy took me up there because I just came off my "Other Job" and really was in no condition to drive 2 hrs with no sleep.

    You know a year before, I came across his grave and the groundskeepers said they would clean it. I do not know what I was thinking when I just grabbed all my bb and org stuff.. Didn't know anything except that I was wondering if they ever did clean the mold off of the tombstone which they didn't.

    I was never going to show those pics because of the issue we had with Security and also the potential issue with Babe Ruth's Family.

    I never had the intentions to disrespect anyone which is why I put the PWI,TGS PWNA & the UAMCC logo's next to the grave after we cleaned it. It was all in the moment and I know guys like yourself, me and many other's belief in giving back when we can.

    As luck would have it the Family loved it. They said The Babe would have been pleased. Because of this gesture they wanted to give back to us and it's a big part of the reason why they authorized me to give out those handwritten Pictures from Linda to all those people back then. It was a gift from her. She also wanted to meet these people that believe in giving back which is what led her to come to the PWNA Convention.

    So like I said Ron you just can't please all of the people all of the time. You at first liked all this and then you say I disrespected a dead man. The dead man's family loves it... But you don't. What can I tell ya.. They got the service and there happy.... You on the other hand aren't. Sorry Ron you feel that way and if you ever change your mind I'll send you the PWI plaque but I know you will never take it so I Put it into storage for safekeeping.

    There are some goals within this committee and none of them are what Doug's crazy concerns are. That never crossed anyone's mind.

    The goals are strong ones and remember I always believe the strength are always in the numbers. If you get enough support all kinds of doors can open..
    And this is about helping the Children also. Nick's great idea was to lift the spirits of the kids in that Children Cancer Hospital. Nick nailed that one and for his creativity some kids spirits will be lifted.

    There's a Children's book that came out about the Babe. Kind of like the Curious George book. Linda didn't take any payment for this book. She wanted the writer to do this for the benefit of the Children.

    Linda is a very special person and I wish you would have took the time out to meet her because you would have seen it first hand.

    Maybe tomorrow I'll post what I had made for her in the Dominican Republic where Albert Pujouls, Sammy Sosa, Robinson Cano, Pedro Martinez , all time great Juan Marichell still lives there among many other star ball players.. Oh yea and George Bush Sr. Who I've been in contact with before and maybe again.

    The one thing agreed there when talking to some of the Dominican citizens is this.. Babe Ruth is the greatest.. But what's not known yet is what the Babe did outside of major league Baseball which surpasses what he did while he
    played.. Such as being suspended for 5 weeks in 1920 for playing in his offseason barnstorming with the Negro leagues(the Suspension was over ruled), signing on to denounce the Nazi's when they sold out Madison Square Garden in a rally.. And George Herman Ruth was German. To donate $100,000's of thousands of dollars to support our troops, to visit lepers because no one else would and he was told not to go by a sitting president and he still went to give these forgotten people some hope, to visit many hospitals around the world where kids had diseases and once again no one will visit because of the risk factors involved.. But Ruth went.

    There is alot more going on Ron and if all you saw was a self promotion of a dead man's grave... And you have repeatedly told me others feel the same.. I gave up trying to figure out why you turned on me with this when the family opened up to this Industry..

    My concern is the Ruth Family and this Industry. If the majority wanted me to stop.. I would. But Linda's loves this, the 38 guys that were gifted loved it.. You were the only one who took exception.. So that tells me I must be doing something right.. And with your second in Charge forever knocking me on this or anything else I do I kinda Dig it because like you Ron I don't like to lose and I lost bad once in this Industry.... Doug a VP of the UAMCC which saddens me shows his lack of class.. And it alsohttp://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/showthread.php?p=268994 shows me this time I won't lose because of a negative persons point of view which cost me big the last time around.

    So enjoy the ride Ron if you want or just knock it... Either way until I finish what I started I plan on doing what I do best.... And that is completing the task at hand with or without your support even though your support would be much more appreciated because we cared for a long time compared to these Doug type guys.
    John I gave some advice to you an committee, I think in the past you are way off. You started it as a promo for your company. It was in the end a promo for your company.

    Your involved in a national association with this now. You have others names an credibility on the line.

    You also have oportunity now to do something great for your fellow man through the Ruth legacy, let's see an help you. Raise some money John , I have your first donation if you can tell us what we are doing? I'm excited Powerwashers could be involved in this. Let's make it great. Loose your negative attitude, look through the comments an see people are willing to help. Are you willing to listen?

    I have no doubt you guys together will do great things. Good luck John , as stated above when you have a direction I'm sure many will be willing to help.




    Ron Musgraves text me for
    questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com
    Ron Musgraves


    Text Me if you need Help 4805225227

  • #14
    Exterior Restoration Specialist 21000 PLUS POSTER Ron Musgraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    46,396
    John I want to also comment , my thoughts are my own. Anyone's comments here are there own. So when talking with our mutual friends please do not associate me with anyone else here on pwi. We are all just contractors with our own thoughts .

    I hate when you group us as a gang. We are just independent business people. Some are concerned , some careless. It's there right to express thoughts respectfully. It's your duty to respect it now as a public servant.


    Ron Musgraves text me for
    questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com
    Ron Musgraves


    Text Me if you need Help 4805225227

  • #15
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Ron thanks for the input. I retired from the public servant sector but if giving back puts me in the public servant category I guess I'm good with that.

    One of the best things I learned with Henry's Clean Across America and now called The PWNA's Clean Across North America is how brilliant his idea was and will always be. One of the best way Kathy and I thought was to give back was to donate $ if you can so that's what we do. Never alot because we don't have alot but a little something when times are good.

    Joining the PWNA I was able to meet guys like Henry who were successful and full of idea's where they actually carried them out. It never occurred to me that you can give back also by doing your business for free to help others. What made his idea even greater was that it inspired others to also join in and do the same.

    Many did other type cleanings such as cleaning for families stricken with a hardship, Ronald McDonald housed etc..
    So yes I fully support any type business to give back free such as cleanings if they own a Powerwashing business, food if they own a restaurant business, clothes if they own a clothing store etc.. If they can.

    This country use to do that all the time. Boys town for example use to be a topic of conversation with me and some friends about how we donate a few bucks there.. This is the way we were brought up..

    Today and I think of Tony Shelton on this one but not exactly the same... This country has pulled away from helping others. It's like the new generation is all about themselves and they can't be bothered. So now the moral drops etc.

    Now of course there are some great kids in this new generation that don't follow the norm and the do great things.

    So you may think I'm self promoting my business only for this but Ron you know me long enough and I don't really care to make money off of others by selling them a belief or an idea etc.

    Not me. Linda keeps asking me why I haven't put a link to her site back to mine.. I already had Keith work on my site and non of that is there... Should I put it there.. Probably especially when she said it promotes the positive.. But I'm best at making money by working..

    The thing I do is promote the PWNA on my site along with then UAMCC for the time being by putting there logo's there because I support groups until unless they stop supporting each other then it's time to move on..

    Not everyone Ron is about promoting themselves 24-7 and the ones that are.... Good for them. This here is for the industry and like Henry, I will eventually be removed from this because it's there's to keep.

    Come back to the PWNA Ron if you aren't a member anymore and watch how they are operating and you will be pleasantly surprised and I still wish you came to the last Convention because your a visionary and you would have seen this first hand.

    Don't let a few who you may dislike cloud your judgement. Just go right thru it and you'll see alot of good guys and gals there. I hope to see you back in getting involved and having some fun for once... Which is what I'm having doing this.

  • #16
    Member Graduate Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    609
    I donated my time the past few years working as part of the pit crew for "the Victoria Secrete Run Way Model show". As part of the pit I have to sponge bathe each model coming off the run way. Day..... dreaming..... again.................


    Jim Foley, Owner/Operator
    www.ipressureclean.com
    203-754-4284 or 860-354-0855

  • #17
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Jim View Post
    I donated my time the past few years working as part of the pit crew for "the Victoria Secrete Run Way Model show". As part of the pit I have to sponge bathe each model coming off the run way. Day..... dreaming..... again.................
    Lol.. Now that would be fun.. Hey Jimbo r U going to Acr's RT? Where scheduled to do some Powerwashing for a college for an open house and it looks like Kathy cannot get them to change there mind about it having to be done this weekend.. I still may head up to PA at night for a few hours if we can't get this job rescheduled... Just would probably have to get home to get back at it on Sunday.. I have to be on campus to check in with the manager the days we do this college because that's what they require..
    Second straight year I might have to miss the Pig Roast.. Bummed!!

  • #18
    Member Graduate Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    609
    No ACR basketball turnney kid stuff .


    Jim Foley, Owner/Operator
    www.ipressureclean.com
    203-754-4284 or 860-354-0855

  • #19
    banned 3000 PLUS POSTER Clean County PW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Jim View Post
    No ACR basketball turnney kid stuff .
    How about Albany u going to that one? We'll be there.. Miss partying with the "Vino King" the one and only Diamond Jim.

  • #20
    Exterior Restoration Specialist 21000 PLUS POSTER Ron Musgraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    46,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean County PW View Post
    Ron thanks for the input. I retired from the public servant sector but if giving back puts me in the public servant category I guess I'm good with that.One of the best things I learned with Henry's Clean Across America and now called The PWNA's Clean Across North America is how brilliant his idea was and will always be. One of the best way Kathy and I thought was to give back was to donate $ if you can so that's what we do. Never alot because we don't have alot but a little something when times are good. Joining the PWNA I was able to meet guys like Henry who were successful and full of idea's where they actually carried them out. It never occurred to me that you can give back also by doing your business for free to help others. What made his idea even greater was that it inspired others to also join in and do the same. Many did other type cleanings such as cleaning for families stricken with a hardship, Ronald McDonald housed etc..So yes I fully support any type business to give back free such as cleanings if they own a Powerwashing business, food if they own a restaurant business, clothes if they own a clothing store etc.. If they can.This country use to do that all the time. Boys town for example use to be a topic of conversation with me and some friends about how we donate a few bucks there.. This is the way we were brought up.. Today and I think of Tony Shelton on this one but not exactly the same... This country has pulled away from helping others. It's like the new generation is all about themselves and they can't be bothered. So now the moral drops etc.Now of course there are some great kids in this new generation that don't follow the norm and the do great things.So you may think I'm self promoting my business only for this but Ron you know me long enough and I don't really care to make money off of others by selling them a belief or an idea etc. Not me. Linda keeps asking me why I haven't put a link to her site back to mine.. I already had Keith work on my site and non of that is there... Should I put it there.. Probably especially when she said it promotes the positive.. But I'm best at making money by working.. The thing I do is promote the PWNA on my site along with then UAMCC for the time being by putting there logo's there because I support groups until unless they stop supporting each other then it's time to move on..Not everyone Ron is about promoting themselves 24-7 and the ones that are.... Good for them. This here is for the industry and like Henry, I will eventually be removed from this because it's there's to keep.Come back to the PWNA Ron if you aren't a member anymore and watch how they are operating and you will be pleasantly surprised and I still wish you came to the last Convention because your a visionary and you would have seen this first hand.Don't let a few who you may dislike cloud your judgement. Just go right thru it and you'll see alot of good guys and gals there. I hope to see you back in getting involved and having some fun for once... Which is what I'm having doing this.
    Judgement not clouded John , there's good folks there for sure. Like I have said I put most of them in. Yep I said that John , we promoted the convention hard John. Mike an I actually made a pretty good team promoting the org. John if you didn't know I received the highest award they give out John that 2010. I have no bad blood for you or the pwna , it's ridiculous. I only depsise the socalled leaders who needed to peer over my fence line an sit for hours across the street count an watch my trucks go in an out. They also called many of my competitors asking batteries of questions. A couple apologized, I forgive them. A couple pretend they had no idea they knew or participated. Yeah I'll carry this axe for a long while. It was a dark day in my 27 years. Go from highest honor to attempts to discredit. You don't forget about stuff like that.

    They lost!!!
    Ron Musgraves


    Text Me if you need Help 4805225227

  • Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •