Ron & Doug's Sales Camp https://www.pressurecleaningschool.com/events/houston-sales-training-school/
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Member Freshman Undergraduate
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Roscoe IL
    Posts
    5

    Stubborn stains on siding

    House Wash mix gets 98% of the stains off of siding, but what about those 2% stubborn stains you just cant get rid of?

    Runoff under vents...

    had a customer say the builders installed the vinyl siding with dirty hands and left fingerprints on the vinyl. Over time, the fingerprints got darker and darker...

    Another customer had a lot of dirt buildup on one panel of siding. Tried drenching in chems and then highest pressure I could safely use and it did nothing.

    A lot of my customers have small amounts of paint on their siding from when they painted their deck or window frames...

    These are just examples I have run into this week of stains I cannot clean or even lighten. I know everyone runs into these stubborn stains on every job. What do you guys do when regular house wash mix isnt cutting it?

  • #2
    Member Honorary Professor Kiloman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sophia Nc
    Posts
    1,398
    Dragon juice will take off the fingerprints from siding an today i ran into a house that had black streaks on the metal flashing between the gutters an the soffit.Looked to me where the crude from the gutters that had not been cleaned out in a while kept draining down.Had this been on the siding it wouldnt have posed much of a problem however this was metal.I mixed the dragon juice at 20 to 1 an brushed the detergent into the surface an wow the black streaks went away fast.I was amazed an i had a house last week where the ac went on the blink an the ac man put is dirty hand print on the siding an the dragon juice did the trick again.This is a great tool to have in the chemical department for those that have not tryed it.
    Hal Brown
    Company Name
    ABV Pressure Washing
    336 736 0008
    Sophia Nc
    http:www.AbvPressureWashing.com

  • #3
    Member Freshman Undergraduate
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Roscoe IL
    Posts
    5
    I was thinking maybe a degreaser would do the trick, but wasn't sure if it was safe for siding or not. Do you think we can add a few ounces of dragon juice to the house wash mix or would that be ineffective?

  • #4
    Member Honorary Professor Kiloman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sophia Nc
    Posts
    1,398
    You can but its easier to just get sprayer out an have you some mixed up an brush it on for heavy stains.
    Hal Brown
    Company Name
    ABV Pressure Washing
    336 736 0008
    Sophia Nc
    http:www.AbvPressureWashing.com

  • #5
    Member Honorary Professor Ralph Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl 34684
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiloman View Post
    Dragon juice will take off the fingerprints from siding an today i ran into a house that had black streaks on the metal flashing between the gutters an the soffit.Looked to me where the crude from the gutters that had not been cleaned out in a while kept draining down.Had this been on the siding it wouldnt have posed much of a problem however this was metal.I mixed the dragon juice at 20 to 1 an brushed the detergent into the surface an wow the black streaks went away fast.I was amazed an i had a house last week where the ac went on the blink an the ac man put is dirty hand print on the siding an the dragon juice did the trick again.This is a great tool to have in the chemical department for those that have not tryed it.
    Dragon Juice is ridiculously awesome. Works on the weirdest stuff. Also helps cut through the thickest algae and mold. Definitely keep it on your truck.

  • #6
    Member Honorary Professor Kiloman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sophia Nc
    Posts
    1,398
    Ralph i agree i have not been impressed with a detergent like dragon juice in a long long time.The stain will come out off most stuff if you keep brushing it the stuff is great.Ralph i know you do a ton of driveways how are you mixing with bleach without downstream or deticated pump thanks.
    Hal Brown
    Company Name
    ABV Pressure Washing
    336 736 0008
    Sophia Nc
    http:www.AbvPressureWashing.com

  • #7
    Member Senior Undergraduate flanbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    port charlotte
    Posts
    409
    DJ is great the shipping sucks on 1 gal better off biting the bullet and buy a 5gal and save.
    Sterling House Wash
    Port Charlotte
    Florida 33980

    Joseph Flanagan
    (941)268-1816
    941.sterling@gmail.com


  • #8
    Member Honorary Professor Ralph Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl 34684
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by flanbo View Post
    DJ is great the shipping sucks on 1 gal better off biting the bullet and buy a 5gal and save.
    break it down joe. 1 gallon is really 5 gallons. $14 per gallon delivered. Way worth it to me since I rarely use it straight. Even a 15:1 works on most gutters. Actually I have found that diluted DJ works better, believe it or not.

  • #9
    Member Senior Undergraduate flanbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    port charlotte
    Posts
    409
    Diluted definitely works better. Andy explained that prewetting the surface before applying dj helps the cleaning process. I've taken that thought to use less by just misting nasty areas after applying soap, keeps it working longer. I can usually pre soak plants and the surface release to tension then apply soap. Pull the injector line and just mist until its ready to rinse. Saves about 2 trailer walks and less soap. Free shipping on 5 gal
    Sterling House Wash
    Port Charlotte
    Florida 33980

    Joseph Flanagan
    (941)268-1816
    941.sterling@gmail.com


  • #10
    Member Honorary Professor Kiloman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sophia Nc
    Posts
    1,398
    The shipping was free last week on 1 gallons also.
    Hal Brown
    Company Name
    ABV Pressure Washing
    336 736 0008
    Sophia Nc
    http:www.AbvPressureWashing.com

  • #11
    Member Sophomore Undergraduate BradCarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rockford MI
    Posts
    93
    I really want to like Dragon Juice as much as some of you do.I highly respect the men on this forum who do like it and I'm sure you are correct. So I'm just asking, my main question and I have purchased and used 1 gallon is do you use it with bleach for house wash? The label says not to.Could some of you also pass along how much DJ concentrate in ounces do you add to 5 gallon pal of water for house wash? Thanks I know it has a lot going for it.
    Brad Carey
    Brad's Window Cleaning and Power Washing
    (616) 745-5753
    Grand Rapids, MI

  • #12
    Member Professor with Tenure mistersqueegee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, Iowa, United States
    Posts
    1,682
    If there is algae or mold I add SH. If it grease and dirt only I have gone with a 10 part mix (one part DJ and 9 parts water) that I downstream on the surface.

    Tony Evans
    Call or Text 319-325-9475
    tony@anewviewia.com
    www.anewviewia.com
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    Board of Director UAMCC
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com
    www.anewviewia.com






  • #13
    Assistant Deans 7000 PLUS POSTER Doug Rucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Porter, TX
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCarey View Post
    I really want to like Dragon Juice as much as some of you do.I highly respect the men on this forum who do like it and I'm sure you are correct. So I'm just asking, my main question and I have purchased and used 1 gallon is do you use it with bleach for house wash? The label says not to.Could some of you also pass along how much DJ concentrate in ounces do you add to 5 gallon pal of water for house wash? Thanks I know it has a lot going for it.
    I never add the concentrate to anything.....I always mix 5:1-12;1 before using for anything. Check this site out...might help you http://www.mydragonjuice.com/recipes...e-dragons.html
    Doug Rucker-Call or text 281.883.8470
    http://cleanandgreensolutions.com
    http://cleanandgreensolutions.com/co...ding-cleaning/

    VISIT OUR STORE HERE FOR ALL YOUR PRESSURE WASHING AND SOFT WASHING EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES

  • #14
    Member Honorary Professor Kiloman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sophia Nc
    Posts
    1,398
    Yes great advice Doug guide the young Jedi to the correct way for the juice to work an he will love it.I just get a gallon an mix 1 gallon in with 14 gallon water not found a gutter i couldnt improve the looks.Best part no damage to anything zero.This is important for the clients you see every year.
    Hal Brown
    Company Name
    ABV Pressure Washing
    336 736 0008
    Sophia Nc
    http:www.AbvPressureWashing.com

  • #15
    Member Senior Undergraduate
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Posts
    337
    I have herd it DJ works in the cold temps also, can anyone confirm this??

  • #16
    Member Sophomore Undergraduate
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    carry One Restore at all times. I swear, that stuff is like magic.

  • #17
    Member Freshman Undergraduate
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Roscoe IL
    Posts
    5
    Just got back from another job with very bad mud stains on vinyl.

    Very Strong Bleach mix
    Dragon Juice
    Agitation
    Magic Eraser.

    No results. You would never know anyone tried to clean it. Very frustrating.

  • #18
    Member Associate Professor Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA 92260
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalmark View Post
    Just got back from another job with very bad mud stains on vinyl.

    Very Strong Bleach mix
    Dragon Juice
    Agitation
    Magic Eraser.

    No results. You would never know anyone tried to clean it. Very frustrating.
    F9 BARC or EFFLO should do the trick.

  • #19
    Member Honorary Professor 814jeffw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Grafton,Pa
    Posts
    1,071
    I run into houses with what I call a layer of grunge,..usually a buildup of dust 1'-3' under the soffit or in porch areas or anywhere weather doesn't regularly offer some sort of rinse periodically. This layer of dust eventually in-beds itself into the siding and is now a stain that will not come off with pressure or a regular house wash mix. I treat these cases with a two step process like the truck wash guys use. An acid followed by a caustic. Except I use the safer Hydrochloric Acid instead of HF,...for the acid,..then I spray Purple Power directly over that,...and now the stain can be easily brushed away. If it sets long enough it will kinda just disappear on it's own and be able to simply be rinsed without much effort.

    *I buy Hydrochloric at Walmart for around $7.00 a gallon. This "safer" type isn't as harsh as regular but it works just as well for my purposes. Also works on rust stains and also red clay and other "dirt" type stains.

    *Like anything we use,..different dilution rates for different tasks.

    Jeff
    Since 1996
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Central, Pa_(814)644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322
    Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania
    T.V Commercial

  • #20
    Member Senior Undergraduate
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by 814jeffw View Post
    I run into houses with what I call a layer of grunge,..usually a buildup of dust 1'-3' under the soffit or in porch areas or anywhere weather doesn't regularly offer some sort of rinse periodically. This layer of dust eventually in-beds itself into the siding and is now a stain that will not come off with pressure or a regular house wash mix. I treat these cases with a two step process like the truck wash guys use. An acid followed by a caustic. Except I use the safer Hydrochloric Acid instead of HF,...for the acid,..then I spray Purple Power directly over that,...and now the stain can be easily brushed away. If it sets long enough it will kinda just disappear on it's own and be able to simply be rinsed without much effort.

    *I buy Hydrochloric at Walmart for around $7.00 a gallon. This "safer" type isn't as harsh as regular but it works just as well for my purposes. Also works on rust stains and also red clay and other "dirt" type stains.

    *Like anything we use,..different dilution rates for different tasks.

    Jeff
    exactly I use aluminum brite at about 10 bucks a gallon, removes red clay easy on vinyl siding

  • Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •