Dan, does your 2-step method etch the glass or bother polished aluminum parts? Those are the problems I have with my current 2-step products. Really interested in your remote system as well. Anyone else use them?
Fleet washing secrets from the company with over 43 years’ experience.
Road film isn’t just dirt.
It’s the result of the build-up of road dirt, diesel smoke & other foreign contaminates emitted from the vehicle engine or picked up in the atmosphere.
As a vehicle moves at a high speed, it generates friction & static electricity, forming an electrostatic bond to the pollutants.
These pollutants bond to your vehicle’s surface like steel shavings to a magnet.
So how do you clean it? There are two options. Physically pull or brush those “shavings” from the magnet by brushing your truck clean. Or... Neutralize the magnetic bond and let the shavings fall off with HCS’s 2-step process!
Why can’t I just use 1-step?High pressure and high temperature water is commonly needed to apply 1-step soaps, and that can damage your truck.
• 1-step soaps are often highly caustic to remove road film, which risks damage to your vehicle, especially shiny surfaces.
• A 1-step soap has to be customized to individual dirt and weather conditions. If your truck travels to different locations, one soap might not work for all kinds of road film.
• Complete road film removal is not possible without brushing, which increases labor costs.
• Aluminum surfaces are not cleaned well by a 1-step process.
• Repeated 1-step washing results in a truck still having a charged surface after the wash. The truck will attract film more quickly and be more difficult to clean with each subsequent wash.
Why I should use 2-step instead?
• Requires less physical labor. 2-step can be applied quickly by an individual or a small team.
• Produces a neutralized, film-free surface that guards against new film buildup longer.
• Results in a cleaner vehicle surface. It also effectively cleans and brightens aluminum surfaces.
• Environmentally friendly. The result is a nearly neutral waste water effluent. There is less need for solvents or high phosphates. • Cleans road film resulting from all weather conditions and dirt types, giving 2-step a universal application nationwide with very predictable results.
• Cleans irregular surfaces such as tankers, livestock haulers, gravel trains, refuge vehicles, etc.
• Eliminating brushing means no micro-abrasions on your painted surfaces.
The 2-Step Wash Process.
Some contaminants that make up road film have a positive charge, and some have a negative charge. 1-step alkaline soap cleans the positive charges, but it leaves the negatively charged contaminants. This means that over time, your 1-step soap will be less and less effective because it doesn’t get rid of the negatively charged road film. The low pH pre-soak neutralizes the negatively charged road film particles with positively charged soap. The 2nd-step detergent will neutralize the remaining positively charged road film with a negative charge. Now all of the road film has been neutralized! Rinse with moderate pressure and your truck is clean and bright!
The 2-Step Wash Process. A dirty truck with road film Step 1: Applying the Presoak Step 2: Applying the Detergent Rinse with Moderate Pressure Here’s why you should invest in HCS’s 2-Step Solution right now! • It reduces or eliminates labor costs.
2-Step is faster and more efficient than brushing. Lower your cost per wash!
HCS manufactures an extensive line of fleet washing detergents. We provide 2-step soaps as well as some of the best 1-step truck soaps on the market. We also manufacture 2 & 3 soap remote control systems and can set you up with a complete fleet washing truck or trailer package.
If you can’t completely clean forty (40) tractors & forty (40) 53’ trailer by yourself (1 operator) in under 7 hours then you need to contact HCS, we will teach you to reach this level of productivity.
Dan Swede | Sales Manager
5550 Clay Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
616-531-6420 | Office
800-666-1992 | Toll Free
616-531-8692 | Fax
616-426-3520 | Direct
616-490-4594 | Cell
http://www.youtube.com/user/DPSWEDEClick here to watch our 1,000+ Youtube Videos