Started around the stove

ABILENE, Texas -- The Abilene Fire Department was called to Rick and Carolyn's Burger and Fries restaurant on Ambler and Treadaway, after driver's called in reporting flames coming from the roof.

Police rerouted traffic as fire crews tried to put the fire out.

Abilene Fire Captain Eddie Chrane says the fire started in the kitchen around the stove.

Fire crews were having a tough time as flames ended up in between the walls, making it difficult to get to.

As crews doused the roof with water owner Rick Daffron pulled up to see his restaurant on fire.

According to Rick the restaurant closed their door's at 9 o'clock and the last employee left 20 minutes later.

B 10 o'clock the place was filled with smoke and flames.

Rick and his wife Carolyn opened their first store in 1995 and they are now a chain.

Rick says he's just happy no one was hurt and knows several of his employees depend on their pay check.

Rick told KTXS "We'll probably find places to work for the other people in the other stores.like this happen. It's sad that it happen, just one of the things that goes on have to deal with it."

Rick says after they talk with the insurance company they can begin work repairing everything and get back open.

They can't say how long that might be at this point.



Cleaning Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Systems Since 1971
attachment.php
attachment.php

5734 Bankfield Avenue
Culver City, California 90230
310-636-8361 x 203
Grant Mogford

Blog entry information

Author
Grant
Views
173
Last update

More entries in Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning

More entries from Grant

Top